I have a confession – I love Devon!
Yes, I know it doesn’t sound very Flipside – beaches, clotted cream and sand in your knickers. But it’s the only place I can truly unwind and recharge my pixie dust.
Devon as a county offers so many different options for couples looking for a unique venue for their big day. In this blog I’ll be taking a look at the truly stunning Clovelly, and the bespoke services offered by Clovelly Weddings.
Clovelly is mind boggling awesome. Utterly glorious in every way (can you tell I want to live there!!)
We’re talking properly freakin awesome photo ops here moomins!
There’s so much diversity packed into this tiny corner of Devon – from wooded cliffs far above the old harbour, a cobbled street winds down to the sea, past cottages bedecked with bright flowers.
“One of the world’s most picturesque villages and the most romantic venue in North Devon.”
The Great Terrace of Clovelly Court
The ancestral home of the owners of Clovelly, this beautiful marquee space can cater for weddings from 60 to 200+ guests.
For those of you who yearn for a traditional ceremony, the Terrace is just a short scamper along a tree-lined walk from the Norman parish church of All Saints. The church itself is super cute (can I say that?) and the views across the bay from the Terrace are stunning.
Event planning company www.ndwep.com can plan your marquee wedding.
A choice of Summerhouses to get spliced in.
Clovelly Garden Summerhouse:
A very pretty backdrop for an intimate ceremony. The views across Bideford Bay are just beautiful. Small enough to feel personal, yet close to the Great Terrace for hundreds of evening guests to throw some moves.
The Wilderness Summerhouse:
Now this really is wild and wonderful! I’m afraid Great Auntie Maude might struggle to get to this one, although there is a Land Rover service which means you can leave the grappling hooks at home! Rustic, unique and peaceful, the summerhouse looks down from the cliff top, to the Atlantic cove of Mouthmill.
Fancy a tipple?
There are 2 great historic pubs in Clovelly, both offering different atmospheres.
Smack bang on the the quayside, The Red Lion is jam packed full of charm and history. It’s licensed for wedding ceremonies, and can handle 50 guests for your wedding breakfast. Boats, seascape, olde worlde charm, and damn scrummy food (I demolished an embarrassing amount of seafood!)
Sitting snugly in the heart of the village, The New Inn can cater for a seated reception of up to 30 guests.
The two hotels offer 25 en-suite bedrooms, and there are other accommodation options in the village.
To sum up in a few bulletpoints (which is freakin difficult!)
- Clovelly offers an utterly unique, breathtakingly beautiful location for you big day.
- Clovelly Weddings can provide a full service – from the night before, to the day after. They take care of it all for you. Be sure to make use of the onsite wedding coordinator (she lives in the village!)
- You can choose from a traditional or civil service, leave the car keys at home, and party until you crawl into your comfy hotel bed.
- With such a wide choice, you can make your wedding 100% you. I absolutely recommend visiting before hand, and making full use of the wedding co-ordinator services (they know their shizzle.)
- There is disabled access, and facilities, but please do check in advance.
- Your photos are going to kick ass!
- I need an invite.
Sign up for a Flipside freebie!
(c) This website and its content is copyright of Kerri Williams, Flipside Bride 2017. All rights reserved.